All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

* Register * FAQ    * Login 

Post subject: Re: X Rated Pop Ups On This Board
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:14 am 
CNDB Staff

Have thanks: 57 times
bri78 wrote:
CNDB_Steve
FYI since I wrote my previous message I haven't visited your site except on the PC.
Maybe I'm rare:
What are the numbers/percentages of people clicking on the screaming pop-up; is it really bringing in revenue?
Since Apple isn't going to approve an app for CNDB I would strongly suggest that some time be put into making sure the site works well in a tablet (others, besides Apple).
Regarding Adult ad's -- I really wish you could find something else that works. Dare you experiment? Surely those that advertise in Adult publications can't have an issue with ad's on a Adult mainstream site like yours.

Bri,

Members and users may not notice it, but there is always different tests being ran. Though small, there are constant changes to the website & the advertisements. What works best for both parties, is what ends up staying.

We made a big change to the pop-under ad, but does require users use Cookies -- and not be "Private Browsing." If you login, you receive a flag that will allow you to not receive the popunder for "X" amount of time. We are also doing some work that will involve changing up the way iPad / Kindles work with CNdb. It should NOT crash your browser, but we have had 1 or 2 reports about crashing the browser -- we haven't been able to duplicate the issue, so we are still researching unfortunately. The latest update to the popunder has been working perfectly as intended.

As far as "hard-numbers," I don't have access to this information.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 9:54 pm 
novice member

Have thanks: 2 times
Thanks for the above response.
I haven't really tried the site on the iPad for a while and don't plan to; my daughter uses it all the time; so obviously I wouldn't use safari if I did. LastPass browser (which really is safari) just wipes everything when you leave the app. FYI: anyone reading this if you don't use something that is very secure to store your sites/passwords I would recommend that you look at LastPass - it a great piece of software.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:36 pm 

Have thanks: 12 times
Steve, I log in pretty much every day. I also post at least once per week (I suspect I'm one of your heaviest contributors right now). I still get this pop-up. Not every time, but enough to cause embarrassment.

Incidentally, has CNDb stopped granting reward points for the old yes/no on new reviews?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:14 am 
newbie member

Have thanks: 0 time
Too many popus. Three per picture, one of which covers the image and can't be deleted as it just opens more. This forum is a joke.